Monday, May 19, 2014

A Week in an MMO Life: Waiting for Warlords

Drought at the Farm

I should probably retitle these posts "A Month in an MMO Life", but you never know, maybe I'll start posting more.

I thought the picture was appropriate because I have been spending most of my gaming time, dutifully visiting my three farms each day and many are complaining about the drought in World of Warcraft content.  My primary objective is still to get the Vial of Sands.  I found a survey someone did to figure out on average how many Canopic Jars it takes to get the recipe.  The results after 147 posts was 9.5.  I just recently past this with 10 Mummified Organs (which I still have in my bags).  I am somewhat disappointed but I still rather enjoy doing archaelogy about 2 to 3 times a week, visiting 2-4 sites in Pandaria, getting achievements, and getting my five Valor points whenever Uncovering the Past is available.  I still have hope to get the drop soon.

I also am very glad I spent some time trying out Wildstar when I could for free.  I don't think it's for me (as I've descibed in my previous posts), but I believe it is a well designed MMO and I hope it is successful.

Leveling Kantrina has pretty much stalled in Cataclysm.  She is now level 83 and has Pandaria in her sites, but I can't seem to find the time to spend leveling her.  She is still in Mount Hyjal and it looks like she can stay there until she hits level 84 at which point I'll finish leveling her to 85 in Twilight Highlands because I've never spent much time there.

I have added Serpent's Heart to my daily activities and have my Sapphire Cub pet and will keep creating them until I am able to create a Jade Owl, too.  I have been gathering ore in two of my farms for Trillium for the Living Steel transmute, Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, and Engineering.  Once I prospect enough Jewels, I plan to use them and gold from auction house sales to build all the Panther mounts.

I find it interesting that my goals are focused on mounts right now (Vial of the Sands, Panther mounts, and Chopper).  I enjoy crafting and they are long term goals that let me avoid LFR which really doesn't appeal to me.  I still hope once Warlords is released I'll be in a better place to join my guild in Flex Raids once a week when they are active. 

1 comment: